The Deer Haven Inn Is Your Overnight Rest Stop For The 17-Mile Drive
- The Deer Haven Inn is less than one mile from the north end of the route for the 17-Mile Drive, a scenic road through Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach on the Monterey Peninsula. So, we make the perfect 17-Mile Drive hotel if you are beginning or ending this scenic drive since we are near one of the entrances in Pacific Grove off Sunset Drive.
- The 17-Mile Drive is a long scenic route that goes along the Pacific coastline, passes famous golf courses and mansions, and a section of it is the main road through the gated community of Pebble Beach.
- The 17-Mile Drive runs past Spanish Bay, then past beaches and coastal hills, giving visitors majestic scenes. There are several stops along the route where you can get out and take pictures, walk along the ocean-side, or walk among trees. Among the attractions is the Lone Cypress Tree , a salt pruned Monterey cypress tree that serves as the symbol of Pebble Beach and a frequent fixture of television broadcasts from this area (note that this portion of the road has a toll payment to enter).
- The full loop will take you back to the Pacific Grove Gate at Sunset Drive, less than a mile from the Deer Haven Inn, for a total distance of 17 miles.
- Call us at (831) 373-7784 or click here to make a reservation at the Deer Haven Inn and travel this scenic route.